These style conventions apply to all names entered in ECF.
1. Use upper and lower case for all names and capitalize the first letter in a proper noun.
• Wallace D. Smith
• United Services Fidelity and Guaranty
2. Use punctuation and single spacing between all names and following initials and periods.
• J. J. Jones
• Smith, Inc.
• C. W. Bradford, Ltd.
3. When typing names that have upper and lower case letters or hyphens; do not insert spaces.
• Patricia DeLaGarza
• Patrick MacDougal
• Kathleen O'Brien
• Mary Smith-Baker
4. If an individual does not have a middle name, leave that field blank. Do not enter "NMI" (no middle initial).
5. If a party has multiple names such as Robert Kramer Johns Martin, add the extra names in the Middle Name box.
• Last name: Martin
• Middle name: Kramer Johns
• First name: Robert
6. Business names should be entered entirely in the Last Name box.
• Do NOT use the First Name or Middle Name box when entering business names.
• Do NOT use the ampersand sign (&) for "and". Use the word and instead of the ampersand.
7. Avoid abbreviations unless it is part of a company name on the petition or pleading.
• Ford Motor Company instead of Ford Motor Co.
• First Federal Association instead of 1st Federal Assoc.
• Enter U.S. and U.S.A. without any spaces.
• U.S. Department of Agriculture
• U.S. Trustee
• U.S. Attorney
• U.S. Environmental Protection Agency U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission