Per the Northern District Bankruptcy Court's local rules, only an attorney or trustee admitted to practice law or serve as a trustee in the Northern District of Texas, or otherwise admitted to appear pro hac vice in a case can apply for electronic filing credentials. If you have any questions or need further assistance, contact the ECF Help Desk at (800) 442-6850 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- If the attorney is already ECF registered in another bankruptcy court, the attorney will need to perform the following steps:
- Complete entire ECF Registration Form.
- *Not required to complete a training course or Connectivity Exercise.
- Provide supporting documentation as proof of your registration with another Bankruptcy Court. (i.e. notice of electronic filing, welcome/log in screen, e-mail from court assigning login and password, ECF Training Completion Certificate, etc.). The bankruptcy's court name must be displayed somewhere on the documentation.
Return the registration form along with any supporting documentation to:
Email the form in PDF format to email@example.com (48 hour turnaround)
OR by mail
United States Bankruptcy Court
Northern District of Texas
Attn: ECF Registration
1100 Commerce St., Rm. 1254
Dallas, TX 75242
(approximately 7-10 days)
- If the attorney is not registered with another bankruptcy court, the attorney will need to complete an Online Attorney Training Program:
WE ARE CURRENTLY IN THE PROCESS OF UPDATING THE ONLINE ATTORNEY TRAINING MODULE. COMPLETE THE FIRST 2 PAGES OF THE ECF REGISTRATION FORM AND SUBMIT TO firstname.lastname@example.org FOR PROCESSING. To access the ECF Online Attorney Training Program, click here for further instructions
After completing the online training, the attorney will submit their registration form along with a completed connectivity exercise. We will review it to ensure all of the requested information has been provided. If the registration form complies with all of the requested information, then an ECF live login and password will be issued and emailed to the address provided on the registration form.
If you submit an incomplete ECF Registration form, the form will be returned to you requesting the required information and you will have to resubmit the registration form with supporting documentation.