You are here

If a Debtor moves or changes their address and has notified the Trustee in the case, should they also notice the Court?

Pro Se Debtor Information

Debtors and/or their attorneys should always remember to keep addresses current with the court.  If they move and fail to change their address, they will not receive notices from the court which could result in dismissal of the case.

In order to update addresses with the court, simply send us a Notice of Change of Address.  The notice does not to be in legal format, if you are not an attorney we would accept the notice in the form of correspondence.  You will need to provide the case number, debtor's name(s), and new address. Include the titile "Notice of Change of Address" to more easily identify what you are requesting and ensure it is filed correctly and promptly.